CAROL THORNS (SAMA nominee)
South Africa’s leading electric cellist Carol Thorns has is passionate about one thing – creating extraordinary concepts and collaborations. The result is a portfolio of unique cello projects that have taken her all over the world.
Armed with her striking red cello, she has won fans in India, Dubai, Switzerland, Macedonia and the UK. She was awarded a 4-star rating for her audio-visual show ‘Red Cello Electrified’ at the 2010 Edinburgh Fringe, the largest Arts Festival in the world.
Her popular solo cello album Fireflies In The Rain was nominated for Best Instrumental Album 2010 at the South African Music Awards. .
A Cum Laude Bachelor of Music Graduate from Rhodes University Carol Thorns has a background in cello performance and entertainment PR. Her passion for taking electric strings into unchartered territory lead her to initiate and build popular brands such as Muse String Quartet, Sterlin EQ, CODA Africa, Rosanthorn Cello Trio, The Bubble (Cellosphere) and The Galaxy Dress.
Carol is featured extensively in the media both locally and internationally and is in great demand as an electric string act. See www.carolthorns.co.za for more info.
ON OFFER (www.CarolThorns.co.za)
- Solo Electric Cello:A stylish and elegant performance that has featured at SA’s top events
- With Visualist.The addition of film and visual effects brings the music to life and creates a mesmerizing performance. This collaboration is at the cutting-edge of multi-media performance trends world-wide.
- Duo with Louise Carver:SA’s top singer/song-writer Louise Carver joins forces with electric cellist Carol Thorns for an entertainment offering of impeccable quality and style
- The Bubble / Cellosphere: The perfect marriage of music, architecture and light
- Rosanthorn Cello Trio: World-first all female electric cello ensemble
Thorns has immense talent
A deep affinity with nature and Landscapes comes through in the music
The combination of her solo performance, video, lights and music can be quite mesmerising